Sunday 24 February 2013

Solent Sailing: March 2012

Last weekend was brilliant... I went for a walk along the coast at Hill Head overlooking the Solent.  It was packed: even more people than in the summer, I guess because everybody was making the most of the fine weather.  It's not like that now, unfortunately, but it may improve before long.  This is all by way of introduction to announcing that I may be up for some day or weekend sailing in March.

There are two weekends that look clear in my diary: 16/17th and 23rd/24th.  16th/17th is neap tides, which means it works well to leave Southampton in the morning, go west, and come back in the afternoon the same (or following) day.  23rd/24th is spring tides, which makes sailing around Southampton Water for a few hours in the middle of the day a good option.  If it looks like a really good weekend then an overnight trip to a local destination such as Cowes, Beaulieu, Haslar, Lymington or Yarmouth would be a possibility.  Old or new crew would be welcome to express an interest. Anyone considering joining me on Round Britain is particularly encouraged to consider signing up.   The way it will work is that I will pencil in the weekends, but confirm only when the weather picture is clear.  I am not planning to go out in storms, fog or other adverse conditions. Please contact me by the contact form on toucando.net or email if you already know my address. Let's hope for a great March.

No comments:

Post a Comment