Monday 20 May 2013

Academic Interlude

I had known for quite a long time that I would have to do an exam this week. I am in the final stages of an MSc in Demography (people counting) at the University of Southampton. The days of confinement to port in Plymouth had the benefit of enabling some revision, and I was able to continue this at Milford Haven.
Because quite a lot of official statisticians do the demography course the exam is also run at the ONS HQ in Newport. As this is considerably nearer to Milford Gaven than Southampton is, it seemed like a good option. I caught the train on Sunday. What an enormous country Wales is: it took almost four hours. But it was a very pleasant ride, by forest and coast. Exam over I am now on my way back to Toucando, and can give my full attention to the voyage.









(They spelled my name wrong... potentially confusing me with a more famous demographer.)



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Station Approach,Llantrisant,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment