Sunday 18 August 2013

Circumnavigation complete




At about 1430 this afternoon Toucando crossed her outward track near Calshot, thus (arguably) completing her circumnavigation of Great Britain via the Caledonian Canal. At 1630 she was at Shamrock Quay on the Itchen in the centre of Southampton and unarguably was back where she started on 4th May.
Thank you to all 24 of the people who crewed for me, to the skippers and crews of the other Round Britain Challenge boats, the national and local organisers of RBC and all the events ashore, all the harbour staff and others who helped get us round. And thank you to Toucando for looking after me and the crew.

I will be writing a post about the final sections of the voyage and the fantastic Jubilee Festival at Cowes... But for the moment I am just glad to be back at my home port having had an incredible voyage over the past three and a half months.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Bond Street,Southampton,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment